Energy Storage North America (ESNA), a gathering of policy, technology and market leaders in energy storage, today announced the finalists for its 2017 Innovation Awards. The awards recognize projects that are helping to transform the energy storage ecosystem by enabling the transition to a clean, resilient and reliable grid. Winners will be honored during an awards ceremony at the annual Energy Storage North America conference and expo, held on August 8-10 at the San Diego Convention Center.
The eight Innovation Award project finalists demonstrate outstanding achievement across two categories: Centralized Storage (utility-scale) and Distributed Storage (commercial, industrial or residential). Finalists were selected based on their ability to impact the storage ecosystem, break into new markets, tap into multiple value streams, overcome operational challenges, and increase grid reliability and resiliency.
ESNA 2017 Innovation Award Finalists
Centralized Energy Storage
- SDG&E Expedited Energy Storage Project
- Aliso Canyon: AltaGas Pomona Energy Storage
- Southern California Edison Hybrid Enhanced Gas Turbine (EGT)
- IID's Battery Energy Storage System
Distributed Energy Storage
- Axiom Energy Refrigeration Battery Pilot
- Marcus Garvey Village Solar+Storage+Fuel Cell Microgrid
- Sterling Municipal Light Department Energy Storage Project
- Peña Station NEXT Solar+Storage Microgrid
The winners in each of the two Innovation Award categories will be determined by public voting. One vote per user will count toward the final results; and votes will be accepted until July 7. Visit the ESNA awards website to learn more about the projects and how to cast your vote.