Enphase Energy, Inc., a global energy technology company and the world’s leading supplier of solar microinverters, today announced the introduction of its seventh-generation Enphase IQ microinverters across Australia and New Zealand. The Australia and New Zealand markets currently offer Enphase’s fifth-generation microinverter product, the S-Series, and will be transitioning directly to Enphase’s seventh-generation microinverter product, the IQ 7.
IQ 7 microinverters offer state-of-the-art power performance, are lightweight (1.08 kg) and offer a compact form factor (212 mm x 175 mm x 30 mm). With 96.5% efficiency, IQ 7 microinverters produce up to 23% more power at nearly half the weight of Enphase’s S-series microinverters, which they replace. They also offer an easier installation experience with revolutionary two-wire cabling, and leverage semiconductor integration via a 55nm ASIC chip for higher reliability and better economies of scale.
The IQ 7 platform supports a wide variety of solar panels up to 440W as well as 60- and 72-cell modules. The 250 W AC Enphase IQ 7 Micro and the 295 W AC Enphase IQ 7+ Micro will be followed by a new, high-power 320 W AC variant, the Enphase IQ 7X Micro, to address 96-cell modules. Enphase IQ 7 and IQ 7+ Micros have begun shipping in Australia and New Zealand while IQ 7X Micros are expected to be introduced during the fourth quarter of 2018.
As part of the Enphase IQ System, seventh-generation microinverters offer significant benefits to installers, project developers and homeowners, including:
- Seamless integration into the Enphase Microinverter System with IQ, as well as energy monitoring and insights from the Enphase Enlighten software platform's easy-to-use interface.
- Fast and easy installation with the lighter two-wire Enphase Q Cable, making installations even more flexible
- Innovative Envoy-S communications gateway offers installers the ability to retrofit existing S- and M-Series systems with IQ 7 microinverters.
- Efficient asset management through granular fleet monitoring and planned maintenance.
- Enhanced service and inventory management through a limited SKU count.