12 December 2011
Counsel RB Capital Inc. today announced two upcoming auctions of remaining surplus capital and manufacturing assets of Solyndra, a former manufacturer of solar panels scheduled to take place on 13-14 December 2011 and 25-26 January 2012.
The December event will feature a two-day auction of non-core assets and the January auction will include Solyndra's main manufacturing assets, pending final order of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court. In November 2011, a non-core asset auction sale, Solyndra Auction #1, was held and managed by Counsel RB Capital on a commission basis in partnership with auction house Heritage Global Partners, following Solyndra's bankruptcy proceedings.
"With our auction partners at Heritage Global, we successfully sold a portion of Solyndra's surplus and non-core production assets and inventory at an auction held last month. We expect online and in-person bidders at the mid-December auction to purchase Solyndra's remaining non-core assets. Pending the final order of the US Bankruptcy Court, we will be holding a third auction in late January 2012, which will include state-of-the-art solar energy manufacturing equipment," said Adam Reich, co-chief executive officer of Counsel RB Capital.
Solyndra Auction #2
Live on-site and webcast global auction details (all times in Pacific Standard Time (PST)):
• Key assets: finished goods solar panels, personal computers, flat-panel monitors' parts inventory, manufacturing equipment, etc.; further details available at Heritage Global Auctions
• Public inspection and preview: 12 December 2011 from 9:00am to 4:00pm
• Auction: Starting 13 December 2011 at 7:00am and ending 14 December 2011 at 8:00am
• Location: 901 Page Avenue, Fremont, California 94538
• Contact: David Barkoff (HGP Auctions) via email or phone, +1-650-649-0147
Solyndra Auction #3
Live on-site and webcast global auction details (all times PST):
• Key assets: solar panel manufacturing equipment, etc.; further details available at Heritage Global Auctions
• Auction: Starting 25 January 2012 at 9:00am and ending 26 January 2012 at 5:00pm
• Location: 47488 Kato Road, Fremont, California 94538
• Contact: David Barkoff (HGP Auctions) via email or phone