27 June 2012
SMA is gearing up for Intersolar North America 2012 conference and exhibition, which will take place 9-12 July 2012 at the Moscone Centre in San Francisco, California, US. SMA will have an interactive exhibit at the show, sponsor two events during the conference and participate in a panel discussion.
SMA will feature various residential, off-grid and utility-scale solutions at the show. Highlights of the display will be some of SMA's newest products, including:
• The Medium-Voltage Power Platform: This utility-scale solution includes two Sunny Central inverters, a medium-voltage transformer, optional DC or AC/DC disconnect cabinets and a control and supply panel for power distribution to local loads and (optionally) field tracker motors.
• Sunny Boy 200/240-US: In addition to the Sunny Boy 240 micro inverter, attendees will be able to preview the new Sunny Boy 200 micro inverter and the Sunny Multigate, a communications and power interface. SMA's micro inverters, featuring simple design and installation, will be suitable for residential projects and systems with multiple orientations or shading.
• Off-Grid Configurator and Smartformer for Sunny Island Systems: The Off-Grid Configurator is a customisable solution that helps solar professionals design a suitable off-grid photovoltaic (PV) system, while the Smartformer is a transformer and distribution box that helps facilitate easy application for off-grid or grid-tied battery backup for single Sunny Island systems.
• Sunny Island 6048-US: The newest Sunny Island offers durability, maximum efficiency, parallel connection and modular expansion with a 20% increase in power output. It employs the innovative intelligent battery management that SMA's current Sunny Islands utilise.
• Sunny Boy 6000-11000 TL-US: These transformer-less inverters offer lighter weight and higher efficiency and now operate on 240 volts (V), offering installers a reliable choice for transformer-less inverters.
In addition to the new products on display, Jurgen Krehnke, president and general manager of SMA America Inc., will be participating in the panel discussion "PV Market Support: Political Framework Outlook" on Monday, 9 July, from 2:00pm to 6:00pm (Pacific Daylight Time). Krehnke, along with other industry leaders, will share insights and opinions on the current legislative framework in Europe and North America and how it supports renewable energy.
One of the more entertaining elements of Intersolar North America 2012, The Battle of the Bands, scheduled for 11 July, will feature SMA's employee band, "The Voltaics," going head-to-head with other solar industry musicians. SMA is one of the sponsors of The Battle of the Bands and will also be a sponsor of Intersolar's official networking event, Solar Summerfest, which will take place on 10 July.