As the exclusive off-grid partner at Intersolar, the Alliance for Rural Electrification (ARE) partnered with the German Solar Association (BSW), with the support of the German Federal Ministry of Economic Development and Cooperation (BMZ), to organise the Off-Grid Power Forum: Conference & Exhibition.
The Conference was an opportunity for companies and project developers to attract and to raise interest from high-ranking delegations, project partners, policy makers, investors and international press members. The Forum was once again the focal point to learn about the latest trends on future markets, technological solutions and smart applications in a growing cross-sectoral environment, which attracted over 130 off-grid exhibitors.
In this year’s Off-Grid Power Exhibition featured ARE Members and their products - EMPO-NI (solar powered water pump), GFM Fotovoltaica (solar mini-grids) and SD Wind (small wind powered mini-grids), as well as ARE’s Partners GET.invest and ElectriFI. ARE also shared its booth with the “Low Carbon Off-Grid Communities (LOGiC)” project, where ARE is the communications lead.
The Off-Grid Power Conference, which brought together 450 participants, was a platform for off-grid power system solutions including seven ARE Members who showcased their technological and digital off-grid products during the sessions on the following topics:
- AMMP technologies: How IoT enables operational excellence for off-grid systems at scale.
- Ferntech GmbH: Off-grid power systems 4.0: Energy production in the digital world.
- GFM Fotovoltaica: New generation of smart mini-grids.
- SMA Sunbelt Energy GmbH: How to measure the quality of a solar mini-grid.
- Solar23: New Energy Roadmap - DESCO's projects with a strong social and economic impact.
- Tesvolt: Reduction of standby losses on module level - advantages and disadvantages for off-grid.